- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 1 large or two small rib-eye, strip loin or other grilling steaks
- 4 cups arugula
Balsamic Shallot Glaze: (this sauce is delicious … you may want to double)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots (can substitute red onion, in a pinch)
- 1/2 tsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 lemon wedges
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- Heat your BBQ grill (or grill pan). While you heat your grill, prepare the Parmesan butter and set aside. Chop your shallots and place in a small saucepan with the balsamic and brown sugar. Set aside for now.
- Grill your steak, to taste. Place on a cutting board to rest and immediately spoon the Parmesan butter over your steak to melt while the steak rests.
- Meanwhile, place the saucepan with the sauce on the stove over high heat. Bring quickly to a boil and let boil for one minute, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Place a bed of arugula over a large plate. Cut your steak on the diagonal and place on top of the arugula. Spoon the balsamic/shallot glaze over the steak and sprinkle the salad with shaved Parmesan. Serve with a lemon slice to squeeze over the salad.