- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 lb skirt steak
- Cheese Whiz (mine came in a can, but I think it comes in jars as well)
- 4 slider rolls (if you can’t find them, hot dog rolls cut in thirds work great!)
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and one tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Scoop out and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet and toast insides of slider rolls until golden, about 1-2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add frozen steak to skillet and saute for one minute per side, seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper as you go. You will have to do these in batches.
- When the meat is done, assemble sliders as follows: bottom of bun, 2 folded pieces of steak, spoonful of onions, generous squirt or spoonful of Whiz, top of bun.