- 2 (12 oz) Certified Angus Beef ® brand Strip Steaks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf (1 lb) Ciabatta bread
- 5.2 oz garlic and herb soft cheese (such as Boursin)
- 2-3 large tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- ⅓ cup lightly packed basil, torn
- 12 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Set the steaks out for 30 minutes to allow them to come to room temperature.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Melt the butter in the pan, then add the steaks. Cook until your desired doneness, turning once.
- Remove and let rest for about 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F. Cut the bread in half lengthwise. Place the two halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven until lightly toasted, 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and slice each half into 3 pieces, making 6 pieces.
- Spread the garlic and herb cheese on the cut sides of the bread. Layer the steak on top, followed by the tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil, then layer the cheese on top. Return the sandwiches to the oven to let the cheese melt, another 5-10 minutes. Serve warm.