- 1 4 pound beef rib roast
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely ground ancho chili peppers or dark chili powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 tablespoons Grilled Papaya Butter
- Rub beef with the coarse salt and black pepper. Brush with oil. Combine ground ancho peppers or chili powder and cocoa powder in a small bowl. Rub mixture into beef, evenly coating the entire surface.
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling. Test for medium heat above drip pan. Place roast on the grill rack, bone side down, directly over drip pan. Cover and grill for 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest portion reads 155 degree F for medium doneness, turning roast occasionally. Cover and let stand 15 minutes. Cut into individual portions; top with Grilled Papaya Butter. Makes 12 servings.