- 2 (8-to10-ounce) filets, 2 inches thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- 2 thin bacon slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Pat each filet dry with paper towels and liberally season both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Wrap each filet with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- In an ovenproof skillet over medium-high, heat the butter and oil. Add the filets and sear until nicely browned on each side, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until the filets are medium-rare, about 10 minutes (or longer depending on your preference of doneness).
- Remove the pan from the oven and loosely tent with foil. Allow the filets to rest 5 minutes before serving.