- oven-bake chips
4-8 minute steaks, depending on size
- 80ml BBQ sauce
- lettuce, to serve (optional)
- 4 bread rolls, to serve
- 10ml butter
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 5ml flour
10-20ml English mustard powder
- about 200ml milk
- Bake the chips as on the packet. Season with salt while still hot.
- Grill the steaks for a few minutes per side. Season to taste and brush liberally with BBQ sauce. Set aside.
- Sauce Melt the butter in a small pan. Sauté the onion until soft, but not brown. Add the flour and mustard to taste and fry for a minute. Add milk a little at a time, stirring well, until the sauce reaches the desired consistency. You may not have to add all the milk.
- Place a steak in each roll and top with mustard sauce. Add some chips and lettuce, if using.