- 2 to 3 pound flank steak or boneless chuck roast, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 large yellow onions, peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
1. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Rub evenly on all sides of the beef and place the beef in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Pour the soy sauce around the beef and placed the sliced onions and peppers on top. Cover with a lid and cook on low for 9 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
3. Drain the beef and vegetable mixture, then shred the beef and serve on flour tortillas with the toppings of your choice. Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.