- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 6-8 cups mixed greens
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (14 oz.) jar artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
BLUE CHEESE DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- pinch each of cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- Season steak generously on both sides with salt and many grinds of black pepper.
- To cook steak in a skillet or grill pan, heat skillet on medium-high and add olive oil. When oil begins to shimmer, place steak in skillet and do not move it for 5 minutes. Turn it once, and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare. (Cook longer if desired for medium to well-done steak.)
- To cook steak on the grill, grill steak on high heat, covered only if using a gas grill, turning once, 4 to 6 minutes total for medium-rare. (Cook longer if desired for medium to well-done steak.)
- Remove steak once cooked and let sit for at least 10 minutes. Cut across the diagonal into thin strips.
- Prepare the salads by layering the greens with the crumbled bacon, artichokes, roasted red peppers and walnuts. Drizzle with blue cheese dressing.
TO MAKE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING:
- Whisk together all ingredients until blended. Break up larger chunks of blue cheese if necessary.