Blue Cheese Steak Salad
May 26, 2015
- 2 filet mignon steaks, you can also use rib eye or any other quality steak meat
- ¼ cup Wasabiyaki marinade (sold in the international isle of your supermarket)
- 2 cups mixed greens or more, depending on how much salad you want
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinaigrette dressing of your choice
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large white onion, sliced crosswise in ⅓ inch thick rounds
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- canola oil
- Place steaks into a large ziplock bags, pour in the Wasabiyaki. Allow to marinade refrigerated for at least two hours. (You can do this step before leaving for work in the morning)
- Brush the onion with a little canola oil. Preheat a stove top grill pan and cook the onion about 3 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Next grill the steaks about 5 minutes on each side, undisturbed. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. It’s important to slice against the grain, the steak will be juicier and much more tender.
- Mix the salad greens and tomatoes with the dressing. Arrange on serving plates. Top with grilled onions, sliced steak pieces and blue cheese crumbles.