Perfectly Pan-Seared Rib-Eye Filets
June 2, 2015
- For the Pan-Seared Rib-Eye Filets:
- (2) 6oz rib-eye filets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place a cast-iron skillet in the oven; heat the oven to 500 degrees (F). Place the steaks on the counter and bring them to room temperature.
- When the oven reaches temperature, very carefully remove the skillet from the oven and place it on the stove top over high-heat; heat for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime… Brush both sides of the steak lightly with oil and sprinkle both sides with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the 5 minutes are up, place the steak in the middle of the hot, dry skillet. Cook for 1 minute without moving, then turn with tongs and cook another 1 minute. Place the pan straight into the oven for 2 minutes. Flip the steak and cook for another 1 minute. Remove the pan from the oven and cover with aluminum foil; allow the steaks to rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- This will give you a steak that’s cooked medium rare.