Grilled Flank Steak Flatbread
July 9, 2015
- 1 Omaha Steaks marinated flank steak
- Your favorite pizza dough (homemade recipe or store-bought)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼- ½ cup thinly sliced tomato
- ¼- ½ cup spinach
- ½- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- Brush flank steak with 2 T of olive oil on both sides.
- Place steak on hot grill and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes until perfectly charred then remove and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice steak into smaller pieces for flatbread. The steak should be slightly less cooked than your usual desired doneness.
- Next roll out your pizza dough to a standard individual or small crust size.
- The larger you roll the dough, the harder it will be to place it on the grill so the smaller, the better. Brush one side with half of remaining olive oil and place olive oil side down on hot grill.
- Brush the remaining olive oil on the dough facing up.
- Once dough has cooked up on down side and is no longer doughy, flip the crust over on the grill. Cook until dough is set.
- Top crust with steak slices, tomato, spinach and cheese and cover grill.
- Allow tomato to get tender and cheese to melt.
- Once done, remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes before serving.